Thursday, July 31, 2008

The BIG Operation Day

Not too impressed this morning. No food was put down for any of us. What have I done to them? However, Mum Human says it is for my sake as I am off to the vets for a sleep and an op. Not sure what on earth she is on about but I think that I trust her. So off we went in the car. Mum had to lift me out of the car at the other end and we went off to the vets.
Once inside, we went upstairs in the lift with this lovely veterinary nurse and she gave me a little injection which made me feel all relaxed. Mum popped me inside a nice comfortable cage, next to a lovely looking female Springer who comforted me and Mum went and I drifted off to sleep.............

Some hours later I woke up feeling very sorry for myself. My leg was not sore but uncomfortable and I felt a bit bewildered. the nice nurse human was talking gently to me and said my Mum had phoned and as coming to collect me later.

Around tea time Mum & Dad collected me and made a real fuss of me. They walked me back to the car with me on three legs. I think that I am very clever to manage so quickly on three legs. There was lots of discussion about me doing no walking, jumping, climbing etc and I didn't like the sound of that.

Once home though Mum fed me and I woofed that back. Dad went and fetched this "thing" which I vaguely recognised as a cage - but it was larger than I had seen before. What do you think? Though that is Toby trying it out for size!!

Anyway, they made me a nice comfy bed in it and I slept most of the evening and through the night.....zzzzzzzzz

No comments: